Because I have a really dry scalp, I tried everything. However, all the store-bought products sometimes made things worse. Which I never thought to be possible. Thus, I was in desperate need of a natural and healthier alternative to solve this issue. If you are in the same situation, keep on reading, this DIY dry scalp oil treatment is the best I’ve tried so far.
So, let’s see how to make your own dry scalp oil treatment. For this natural recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 oz jojoba oil
– 5 drops Melaleuca essential oil
– 5 drops Rosemary essential oil
Why did I choose these ingredients? Well, jojoba oil is a great emollient. It will soothe and soften your itchy and dry scalp. You will feel your hair even more moisturized with this king of oils. Furthermore, the Melaleuca essential oil will help you with its antifungal properties. Thus, this oil makes for a fantastic dandruff treatment. And, finally, the rosemary essential oil will increase your blood flow and it will encourage growth.
Now that you know how these ingredients work, let’s go ahead and start applying our oil treatment.
1. In order to apply the treatment, first, you need to mix the oils up in a small bowl.
2. Then, take a fan brush to apply it on your scalp.
3. Section off your hair a bit at a time, if it’s longer than your shoulder’s width. Just like how you would dye your hair.
4. Thus, all you have to do is simply paint the oil treatment on your hair with the brush.
5. The next step would be to massage the oil into your scalp for a few minutes, just to make sure it got everywhere.
6. After letting the oil treatment do its thing for about 15 minutes, hop into the shower to rinse it out. You can use the shampoo and conditioner to help rinse the oil out completely.
And that’s all there is to it! I’ve done this treatment twice now and I’m definitely going to keep it up.