Heartburn affects many people, symptoms consisting in burning and painful sensations, located in the chest that may radiate behind the breastbone (sternum). The causes can be multiple, but there are some natural remedies that can help you get rid of this problem. Actually, a painful problem! And, what can I say, these remedies are very handy and your problem will disappear in a blink of an eye!
1. Baking soda neutralizes the acidity mechanically, by dabbing stomach mucous. Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it with a sip.
2. Honey is great, too. Take a teaspoon of honey when you suffer of heartburn to relieve pain. It’s recommended to take one teaspoon of honey before each meal. Also, you can prepare a remedy with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and two tablespoons of honey mixed in a glass. Drink before every meal.
3. Almonds are recommended because they contain fatty oil that act like a protective layer on the stomach wall and neutralizes acidity. You’ll get rid of heartburn if you consume almonds.
4. Drink chamomile tea after every meal because it has a soothing effect over the stomach. Make an infusion of approximately 30 g of chamomile in 1 liter of water. It’s recommended to drink 2 / 3 cups a day between meals.
5. Raw potato juice can help. You need 2-3 potatoes with red peel, wash them well and insert them in the juicer unpeeled. It’s recommended to be consumed in the morning, on an empty stomach.
6. Bananas reduce stomach acidity and consumed daily, they will eliminate gastrointestinal complications. Eating one banana daily, on an empty stomach you can avoid heartburn.
7.Marigolds soothes both colic pain and heartburn. Make an infusion of one teaspoon of flowers per 1 cup of hot water. Drink 2 / 3 cups a day.
8. Acacia flowers have a slightly alkaline reaction, that’s why they neutralize stomach acidity. You have to use only the flowers, without stalks. Make an infusion of 1 tablespoon of herb per 1 cup of hot water. It’s recommended to drink 2 / 3 cups a day.
9. Equally effective is basil tea, too. Drink basil tea after each meal, but not more than a cup. Make an infusion of approximately 30 g of plant to 1 liter of boiling water, then filter and drink.
10. Lemon has an unexpected effect. Lemon increases the alkalinity, because citric acid is a natural oxidant and during digestion turns into carbonate and calcium bicarbonate, which protects the stomach.
To get rid of heartburn, you can add a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in half a glass of water.
Advice! Stay away from fried foods, spicy foods, chocolate, onions, cabbage, radishes, peppers, alcohol, peppermint, garlic, potato chips or snacks. Don’t eat in a hurry, without chewing, and leave a few minutes break between dishes for the good function of the stomach.
Image Credits: Mommypotamus