The struggle is real when dealing with dry hair. When your hair and scalp are starting to suffer from that dryness, it is time to take action. So, I have got for you a completely natural weapon to deal with these issues. Keep reading and find out how to use a DIY coconut oil for an amazing dry hair treatment and for a detangler spray.
So, we are talking about a homemade deep conditioning hair treatment made with coconut oil. We all know that coconut oil is an amazing all-natural ingredient, perfectly designed to work on dry hair. It also has a great several benefits like it helps stimulate hair growth without chemicals, or it promotes scalp health which can help with problems as lice, cradle cap, and dandruff. Thus, it isnțt something to ignore considering the benefits.
Now, how can we exactly use coconut oil for our hair? Well, there are countless ways you can do it, either by adding a bit of it into your regular shampoo or conditioner, or you can use a little dab on your fingers to smooth down flyaways and split ends. However, my favorite way to use coconut oil is by making a homemade deep conditioning treatment. It won’t take long to prepare and the results will leave you stunned! Your hair will be so soft, shiny, and healthy!
Now, let’s get ready for a beauty treatment!
Homemade deep conditioning treatment with coconut oil
For this DIY, firstly, make sure you have got all the ingredients necessary, which are:
– 2 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
– 1 tbsp jojoba oil
– 3-5 drops essential oil of your choice
– A small bowl
Let’s make the potion:
1. Make sure you use only coconut oil that is in its solid state. Thus, if yours is more liquid, stick it in the fridge for a few minutes until it solidifies. This is important for you to get a creamy consistency in the end.
2. Put 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a small bowl and stir well. This way, you will heat it enough to create a smooth, creamy texture.
3. Then, add the jojoba oil and continue stirring until the mixture is even and well-combined.
4. Add 3-5 drops of your preferred essential oil, some of my favorites are lavender, rosemary, peppermint, and geranium.
5. Then, after stirring very well, apply the mixture to your hair from roots to ends, paying particular attention to your dry areas.
6. Now, cover your hair with a plastic bag or shower cap, and use a hairdryer to warm your hair a little bit. After this, make sure you leave the mixture on your hair for about 15-30 minutes.
7. Finally, wash and condition your hair as usual. Use this deep conditioner once a week for the fullest benefits.
Homemade natural detangling spray with coconut oil
You will love this one a lot, especially if you deal with tangling on daily basis. Thus, grab your ingredients and brace yourself to be amazed:
– 1 part DIY coconut oil treatment we just did above
– 10 parts water
– A spray bottle
You probably know what’s next:
1. Just combine 1 part DIY coconut oil treatment we just did above with 10 parts water in a large spray bottle. Shake bottle well before using.
2. Now, after washing and rinsing your hair, spray it lightly with this DIY detangler spray as you use a wide-tooth comb to help work through tangles.
safely replace those expensive, deep-conditioning salon treatments with this natural and inexpensive coconut oil treatment and detangling spray you can easily make at home.