An amazing homemade salve consists of simple yet efficient ingredients. If you turn to Mother Nature, she won’t disappoint. So, I make my own organic salve right at home to protect, disinfect and moisturize the insect bites! Trust me, you will use it over and over again. Keep on reading and see for yourself. Here is how to DIY an organic and moisturizing salve to soothe insect bites.
First off, let me tell a little something about the ingredients. I love coconut oil because it is a natural moisturizer and it works as an antibacterial. In addition to that, I add olive oil for its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Furthermore, a favourite essential oil is lavender. This is a perfect remedy for any skin problems. Then, lemon essential oil cleanses and disinfects with its antiseptic qualities. And finally, Melaleuca essential oil is antibacterial and anti-fungal! Thus, all-in-all, these ingredients are perfect when combined. So, let’s make a highly soothing salve to get rid of insect bites.
So, the ingredients are:
– a cup of organic, cold-pressed coconut oil
– one cup olive oil
– 4 Tbsp beeswax pastilles
– 10 drops Lavender essential oil
– 8 drops Lemon essential oil
– 6 drops Melaleuca essential oil
– 3 to 4 drops vitamin E oil
Before you begin, make sure you have handy some supplies. You will need about 4 pieces of 4 oz. glass jars, one-quart mason jar and a sauce pan. Let’s get on it!
1. Add the coconut oil, olive oil and beeswax to your 1-quart mason jar.
2. Fill a large saucepan halfway with warm water. After this, set your burner on low-to-medium heat.
3. Then, slowly melt the ingredients in the warm bath. Stir with a skewer every few minutes until melted.
4. While melting and stirring, line up your jars. Start adding the essential oils and vitamin E oil.
5. Now you’re ready to fill each jar with the melted mixture.
6. Finally, let the jars cool until the salve hardens. Secure them tightly after the salve has solidified.
That’s it, use it everytime you need to soothe those annoying insect bites.