Lemon has natural antibacterial and astringent properties that help to remove dead cells and prevent pores clogging. Treatment can be done externally by applying lemon juice directly on the skin or internally by drinking daily 2 unsweetened lemonades. If you have sensitive skin, you have to be more careful because undiluted lemon juice can cause irritation. First, test this treatment in small corner of the face, and if it doesn’t sting or it doesn’t turn red, you can continue.
Steps to try this lemon treatment for acne:
1. Cleanse your face with soap and water. Apply a small amount of soap on a towel and easily exfoliate skin to remove any dirt or oily substances. Rinse your face with warm water and wipe it gently with a clean towel.
2. Cut a lemon in half and squeeze its juice in a bowl. You can cover the bowl with a plastic foil, so you can reuse this mixture the next day. You can also add in this mixture an equal amount of rose water because it has antibacterial properties. Also is a natural facial tonic and reduces the lemon juice acidity.
3. Soak a cotton pad in this solution and start wiping your face gently until you cover the whole pimple area. If you don’t have many pimples just soak a cotton swab and apply on every pimple.
4. Let it act for 10 minutes, until it dries on your face. However, if lemon juice causes severe burning or some any type of discomfort, wash your face thoroughly with cold water.
5. Rinse your face with cold water after the runs out, taking care to remove all residues. Wipe your face gently with a towel.
6. Repeat this lemon acne treatment twice a day until you’ll get rid of acne for good.
Image Credits: Fabhow