I love just about everything about summertime, except having sore, swollen feet at the end of the day. So, if your busy summer is making your feet hurt, I have a great way to fix this issue. This will also help you relax so I will have a few minutes for yourself only! Keep reading and find out the best way to soothe those sore feet.
The fix for your sore and swollen feet is actually quite simple: a foot soak! Not any foot soak, though; one containing Epsom salt. Epsom salt is made up of magnesium and sulfate, and these minerals can be absorbed through your skin. Magnesium, in particular, can help reduce pain and inflammation. Combine Epsom salt with a little baking soda for exfoliating and odor control, and you have a simple and effective foot soak that’s a treat for feet!
Thus, let’s do it, the best homemade foot soak contains a cup of Epsom salt, about 2 cups of baking soda and 25 drops peppermint essential oil. That’s all it takes. Now, to prepare the mixture, add the Epsom salt, baking soda, and essential oils in a large bowl or jar. Then, stir or shake thoroughly to combine and transfer it to an airtight container for storage.
As a result, to use this natural remedy, you have to:
1. Fill your foot bath with hot water.
2. Add 1/4 cup of the foot soak mixture to the water and stir.
3. You should add some basil and rosemary essential oils in as well. The basil is warming, and the rosemary is anti-viral/anti-fungal!
4. Soak your feet in the water for about 20 minutes or so.
5. After your foot soak, rinse and dry your feet. Next, follow up with a good, natural moisturizer such as shea butter or coconut oil.
That’s it. That’s all it takes for you to relax your sore feet. So, perform this foot soak once a week, or as needed for softer, happier feet!