Did you ever experience a never-ending cycle of colds? Just when you think you are starting to feel better, it hits you right back two times stronger. However, when your main symptom is a stuffy nose, it actually overkills everything. Thus, it is getting harder and harder to cope. As a consequence, I started looking for a more natural solution to help ease the stuffy nose. Keep reading and find out which is the best natural solution!
in my opinion, a steam inhaler gives you the benefits and relief of a humidifier and a diffuser. The steam, much like in a warm-air humidifier, helps to loosen mucus and phlegm. It also helps reintroduce moisture into your nose and throat, which helps your body fight off germs and bacteria more effectively.
In addition to the steam, these four essential oils have a combination of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help open your airways and get you breathing easier.
Here’s how you can make your own steam inhaler at home! All you will need is a mason jar, water, the essential oils (peppermint, rosemary, eucalyptus, and lavender) and a small pot to boil the water.
1. Put one drop each of peppermint, rosemary, eucalyptus, and lavender essential oils in the bottom of your mason jar.
2. When you’re ready to use the steam inhaler, simply pour 1/2 cup of boiling water into the jar.
3. Let the jar sit for just a minute before handling it, so you don’t get burned by the jar or the steam.
4. When the steam has cooled off a bit, place your hands around the top of the jar, and cup your hands around your nose and mouth.
5. Breathe deeply through your nose, then enjoy the relief!
The steam can make your eyes water a bit, so you may want to keep them shut while you’re close to the jar! That’s it, this was an incredible solution for my stuffy nose so you could give it a try.